Carbon monoxide, or CO, is a tasteless, colourless gas. It can make you feel unwell if you breathe it in, and in very serious cases can be fatal. SECOM’s monitored wireless carbon monoxide detector ensures you are alerted well before levels of carbon monoxide reach dangerous levels.
The battery-powered alarm uses sophisticated electronic sensors to detect CO particles in the air. Once activated, it sounds an alarm, sends smartphone notifications to you and your keyholders, and alerts our 24-hour monitoring centre so we can respond to your emergency.
9V lithium battery
0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F)
127 x 40mm (5 x 1.6 inches)
As carbon monoxide is lighter than air, you should install a carbon monoxide detector five feet from the ground or attach it to the ceiling. You should not store detectors close to a fireplace or an appliance that produces flames.
If your carbon monoxide alarm sounds, the most likely cause is that it has detected carbon monoxide gas in the air. If this happens, it is important that you turn off any fuel-burning appliances and immediately ventilate your property. Other reasons why your alarm may go off include false alarms caused by flame-producing appliances.
SECOM Smart Security is an all-in-one security solution that connects remotely to your burglar alarm and smart devices.Learn more
For a limited time only, you can receive an incredible 30% off servicing and monitoring.Get a quote today
Talk to SECOM about how we can help you